Thursday, October 15, 2009

Who uses BRL-CAD? An Anonymous answer

This post is more of a response to a comment I received on my previous post titled And the World's Oldest Source Code Repository is.... Since the commenter chose to remain anonymous, I had no way to respond other than to blog a new post. I will resume posting "useful" information with my next post.

Firstly, Thanks 'Anonymous' (I knew I should not allowed people to comment on my posts anonymously, but it encourages more commenting from what I can tell), for your very detailed answer. I wonder if you are one of the seemingly many contributors to the BRL-CAD source code.

I would have been happier if you were able to provide some links to sites or people who use BRL-CAD, but I think I may be able to find at least 1 contact inside the U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL) who could enlighten me further.

It has been a long time since I downloaded and tested the latest version of BRLCAD. I am hoping to be surprised by their user-friendliness though from their screenshots (mostly updated in Mar 2008), it still appears command-driven rather than menu-driven.

No comments:

Post a Comment